What to do the night before your move
Moving out of your house can be a very stressful experience, but don't worry, with a little bit of preparation and a good attitude, you can make it a breeze. As the saying goes, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail." So, to help you have a smooth and stress-free move, here are some tips for what you should do the night before you move out of your house:
1. Get your caffeine fix: Let’s face it, moving day is going to be long and tiring, so make sure you have plenty of coffee, tea, or your favorite energy drink to keep you going. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself for it later.
2. Pack a bag for your last night: Make sure you pack a bag with all the essentials you'll need for your last night, including toothbrush, needed medication, pajamas, and a change of clothes. Don't forget to include some snacks, too – moving is hard work and you'll need sustenance to power through.
3. Clean up: If you're renting, make sure to clean the house as thoroughly as possible. This will not only leave a good impression on your landlord, but also ensure that you get your deposit back. And if you're moving into a new place, you'll want to start with a clean slate.
4. Label your boxes: Make sure you label all your boxes so you know where they're going when you arrive at your new place. This will save you time and energy when you're unpacking, and will prevent any unnecessary confusion. Cross Town Movers is happy to help with any of your packing needs!
5. Turn off utilities: Make sure to call your utility companies to turn off the electricity, water, and gas before you move out. Otherwise, you might end up paying for someone else's lights and heat.
6. Say goodbye to your home: This is the last night you'll be spending in your home, so take a moment to say goodbye. Take a walk through each room, snap some pictures, and savor the memories you've made there. And don't forget to take one last look at your walls to make sure you haven't forgotten any pictures or posters.
7. Have a farewell dinner: Cook up your favorite meal one last time in your home, or order takeout from your favorite restaurant. Invite friends or family over for a farewell dinner party. And remember to take a group picture for memories!
8. Get some rest: Moving can be tiring, so make sure to get a good night's sleep. You don't want to be exhausted when you start the move tomorrow.
Now that you know what to do the night before you move, it's time to get started. So, try to have fun and enjoy the journey, no matter how stressful it may be. Moving can be a challenging and emotional experience, but with a bit of preparation and a positive attitude, you can make it a smooth and successful one. And don't forget to bring your sense of humor along for the ride – it's the best tool to help you get through the ups and downs of moving day.
Cross Town Movers offers packing, moving and unpacking services. Please call us at (208)378-0226 to get a free estimate.